Athletics clubs associated with UK Athletics (UKA) can apply for club entries into the London Marathon. The number of entries given to each club is based on the number of first claim EA affilliated members over the age of 18 the club has. It is likely (although not guaranteed) that the Hares will get one place.
To qualify for a club place you must:
- Be a first claim member for the current membership year
- Have a valid ballot entry (email) and rejection email for the next London Marathon.
- Have submitted an entry into the ballot that states the applicant to be a member of Hungerford Hares Running Club.
- Not have been eligible for a ‘good for age’ or championship place.
- Not received a club ballot place in the previous 4 years.
- The recipient of a club place is expected to wear the club colours when competing in the Marathon (and write pre- and post-race reports for the newsletter / website).
- Proof of entry (email) and rejection email will need to be supplied to the membership secretary by the deadline – communicated via email to all members.
- The draw for places will be performed at a committee meeting or other date to be announced by the committee.
- If we have more places than people who meet the criteria above, places will be allocated at the discretion of the committee.
- If any recipient is subsequently unable to compete, the entry must be returned to Hungerford Hares and we will reallocate the entry via a further draw.
Good For Age Entries
If you’ve already run a full marathon in a particularly fast time, you might qualify for an automatic ‘good for age’ entry into the London Marathon.
Further details can be found here: Good For Age Entries
The public ballot normally opens around the time of this years race and is normally only open for a week! Entry for ballot places will be carried out online via the London Marathon website.
Visit the London Marathon website to enter the public ballot
You will receive an acceptance or rejection email (normally in early October) to confirm whether you have been successful or not in the public ballot. This is the email you should forward onto the membership secretary in order to enter the Hares draw.