Athletics clubs associated with UK Athletics (UKA) can apply for club entries into the London Marathon. The number of entries given to each club is based on the number of first claim registered members over the age of 18 the club has. It is likely (although not guaranteed that we will get a one place).
To qualify for a club place you must:
- Be a first claim member.
- Be a member for the current membership year no later than the 1st April.
- Have a valid ballot entry (email) and rejection email for the next London Marathon.
- Have submitted an entry that states the applicant to be a member of Hungerford Hares Running Club.
- Not have been eligible for a ‘good for age’ or championship place.
- Not received a club ballot place in the previous 4 years.
- The recipient of a club place is expected to wear the club colours when competing in the Marathon (and write pre- and post-race reports for the newsletter / website).
- Proof of entry (email) and rejection email will need to be supplied to the Club Race Secretary (Claire Digweed) by the 31st October.
- The draw for places will be performed at the committee meeting or other date to be announced by the committee.
- If we have more places than people who meet the criteria above, places will be allocated at the discretion of the committee.
- If any recipient is subsequently unable to compete, the entry must be returned to Hungerford Hares and we will reallocate the entry via a further draw.
Good For Age Entries
If you’ve already run a full marathon in a particularly fast time, you might qualify for an automatic ‘good for age’ entry into the London Marathon.
Further details can be found here: Good For Age Entries
The public ballot will open a few days after this years race and will close when the entries exceed 125,000 – this took just a few hours last year so get in quick! Entries filled before midday last year. Entry for ballot places will be carried out online via the Virgin Money London Marathon website.
Visit the London Marathon website to enter the public ballot
You will receive an accepted or rejected magazine via the post in early October to confirm whether you have been successful or not in the public ballot.
If you have any question please email the club race secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org